Home-made ice-cream, in 5 minutes, maybe 10.

So I decided I wanted a ice-cream machine. But they are sooooo expensive and I can think of a lot better ways to spend R800. 

So I did a little research and found the easiest recipe ever. And guess what, it works. 

You will need,

2 x zip lock bags of different sizes. (I used one ziplock sandwich size and a larger freezer bag with an elastic band)
1/2 cup milk
1tsp vanilla essence
1tbsp sugar
2 cups of ice
6 tbsp salt

Streps

1. Mix the milk, sugar and vanilla essence in the sandwich size ziplock bag and seal tight. (Make sure its closed properly) 

2. Put the ice, salt and ziplock bag with ingredients into the bigger bag and close properly to. 


3. Shake for 5-10 mins until mixture reaches ice-cream consistency. I find rollin the ice bag into a dish towel helps so that your hands don't freeze off. 

 

 I substituted the sugar and vanilla essence for 2tsp of nesquick for strawberry ice-cream. 


Needless to say the kids love it. 

Unfortunately I can now never say we cant have ice-cream.


The above is for one serving. You can double up for more. 

Also, its fun as the kids can make their own.

Cheers vir Eers

- Toppie se Vrou

Comments

  1. So awesome! I'll let James try tomorrow :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts