My Medisyne tassie


I never thought I’d be the tannie with the lil box of pills for every this and that, but alas I have turned into her. I didn’t realise how much so until a few of my friends kept asking what I use for runny noses, or coughs or fevers I always have an answer. I do admit however that my little box of treasures has helped us in almost all cases of sniffs, eina’s and and and my kids have thrown at us. My children are rarely sick and if they are it’s never for more than a day or two. Toppie always asks what mooti I have for anything….



So here it is for all who asked, my list of tried and tested medicines for all sorts of ailments.

1. For snotty noses : Allergex or Celestimine (Celestimine only in bad cases where allergix isn’t working, its stronger and you usually need a doctors script for it.)

2. More snotty noses: Iliadin nose spray or paediatric drops

3. For Dry throaty coughs: Tussitot

4. For insect bites and little rashes: An antihistamine cream like Anthisan

5. For little eina’s, scratches, burns: A local anaesthetic cream, like Anethaine

6. For runny tummy’s: Lacteol Forte pro-biotic sachets, add them to your kids next meal and maybe 2 after and the runs are usually all gone.

7. There’s also the basic’s like Eye drops, plasters, savlon and panado syrup

8. For a high-strung mom: Some calmettes or rescue remedy J

9. For headaches, earaches etc: The purple mooti, Stopyn.

10. For Fevers: We use Ponstan Peadiatric Suppositories, our test, if the fever breaks with ponstan but comes back again, it’s off to the doctor because a fever you can’t break usually needs an anti-biotic.

11. For Teething: Ashton and parsons powders or Prodol drops, rub into the gums they work quite quick.

12. For babies that struggle to burp: Telament drops, works like a charm



We have a nebuliser because Coel has a bad chest. This was prescribed by the doctor. When he wheezes, we fix him up J



I am by no means a medical practitioner and in no way should my post be perceived as medical advice. These are just my tried and tested items I always have in stock for in case.



NB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always read the labels before you use anything, be extra careful if your child has allergy’s and If you’re ever not sure about anything, go to a Doctor! Rather be a paranoid mom then be sorry you didn’t get the proper help.



Cheers vir Eers



- Toppie se Vrou

Comments

Popular Posts