Don’t take things for granted…


Last Friday Toppie rushed me to casualties with the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life. I felt like my head was being sucked together from the inside. After eventually being diagnosed with Meningitis I was promptly told I would have to be on a drip for 7 – 10 days and that my children are not allowed to visit, for 2 reasons. 1. Hospital rules, no kids under 12 and 2. Risk of them being infected.

My heart shattered. My children are my world, Codi-beth is only 3 months old and still breastfeeding. I’ve never spent more than 2-3 hours away from her, let alone 10 days.

In the last few days, I’ve realised that no matter how much my kids may get on my nerves now and again. I cannot live without them. The early morning cuddles when they sneak into your bed, the hugs and kisses whenever I ask for them. Little “I love you Mommy’s”.

The smiles you see in the morning when the baby sees you for the first time.  The bonding you miss out on when your breastfed baby is all of a sudden a bottle fed baby.

I know after this week I definitely appreciate the little things a bit more. And I’ll never take for granted all the little moments when you just sit with your kids. Hold their little hands, kiss their hair.

Cheers vir Eers

 

-          Toppie se Vrou



Comments

Popular Posts