Shocked

On Wednesday morning when I fetched my kids from school, the teacher greeted me, shoved the newsletter in my hand and then proceeded to get going. Her assistant, after telling me about the kids day informed me - Teacher would no longer be at the school from 1 Aug. hmmmm...

Since my children don't normally go to school on a Thursday that leaves me with Zero notice. If we wanted to take our kids out of the school, we're obliged to give at least 30 days notice. Whats worse is she didn't even tell me in person. She's been teaching Calum since before he turned 2.

When I phoned her to say "WTH" I was greeted with - "oh I didnt think you cared about your children's education" , "I'm glad you noticed my greeting today was fake" etc.

We made an appointment with another school to see if they could take Calum, he starts Grade 0 in January and has certain things he needs to be able to do before then and a day-mother wont work for him. (Day-mother is basically what the school becomes if the only qualified teacher leaves.)

I'm in total shock.

The school where Calum is enrolled for Grade 0 has agreed that they will take him from Monday and work with him on the things he needs to achieve before next year. My baby is starting big school in 3 days. I'm not ready for this, he's not even 5 yet... (Yes his Birthday is only 18 sleeps away - but still.)

After having a later calmer discussion with the teacher, she has now decided that what she did was wrong and that she will stay at the school till the end of the year. But we now don't trust that she will be invested in the children.

From Monday my baby starts big school and my littlies will be home schooled for the time being. At triple the cost for school fees, we're stuck.

I know this post is a bit all over the place - but that's how I feel at the moment.


Look at this school uniform :( ....









Comments

  1. Sheesh, I wouldn't trust her either. Sorry things worked out like this but I think you've made the best decision.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts