The day my boy was big...

I have a secret to tell... Since Calum has started at his new school last year August we've had a little secret. I drop him off at the main school gate - get goodbye kisses, then I have to run around to the side fence and wait for him to kiss him through the fence. After that he's happy to go into school. The new school was a big change for him. Big and scary.  It's an every morning thing - one morning I forgot, I was in a big rush and I forgot to go wait - boy was I in trouble. 

Well this whole week, he's been very reluctant to meet me, he says I must, then takes forever to get to me. Today when I dropped him I asked if I must meet him and I got the "No, it's ok", "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure". 

Gutted, I nearly cried. My big boy no longer needs me. 

It's funny, it was our special thing. Just me and him and now he no longer needs it. I'm so proud of my boy, becoming so independent and strong. But I'm so devastated that he needs me a little less.


Comments

Popular Posts