Trusting your instincts



4D_00034D_00134D_0021







I’m becoming a mommy for the third time now and I cannot begin to tell you how scared and flustered I am getting at the idea that I am having a
baby girl. My 2 children that are here are both boys and they have seemed to be easy children.


Breastfeeding wasn’t something I managed to do very successfully, for longer than 4 – 6 weeks with both of them, but they did sleep through from
about 6 weeks. Neither of them had baby vomits that required running around with spoeg dookies all the time, neither were very hard to burp or had
colic, we did think Coel had colic at a stage, but that was also sorted out in 2 days. If I’ve had more than 10 sleepless nights in 3 years because of
teething or sickness it’s been a lot. They’ve never been in hospital except for when they were born. We’ve never had very severe nappy rashes, except
when they were teething, these only lasted a few days anyways.




Everybody keeps saying girls are easier than boys, if this is the case, baby Codi is going to come out with a full mouth of teeth and changing her own nappies.



I don’t think so, I have a feeling karma is going to come and bite me in the bum and make her a very difficult baby. I’m worried that changing her is going to
be a mission, that she’ll suffer from nappy rashes and bladder infections. I’m scared she’ll puke all over me all the time. I’m scared she’ll have all sorts of
ailments I won’t know how to handle. I go through stages where I wish she was a boy, because I know how to deal with boys.




Once I go through all the feelings and calm myself, I realise I’m being paranoid. A relaxed mother = a relaxed baby. And the best thing I can do for myself
and my Codi girl is to trust my instincts. They’ve never let me down before and I’m pretty sure that won’t change.




Cheers vir Eers

- Toppie se Vrou

Comments

Popular Posts