Party packs

I'm one of those mom's that secretly swears under my breath at mommy's that give party packs to go home. I mean the kids have stuffed their faces with sweeties at the party, and now i have to fight them off more, while they are on a sugar high. Admittedly I hide party packs away from my kids if they happen to fall asleep on the way home, I pretend they never existed. I'm going to get to a point where I cant do this anymore though I know.

Coel's 2nd birthday party is on the 6th - shock horror - my middle baby is turning 2, I can't believe it :(...

I've decided that since I have enough sweets for the party to have the kids buzzing, I can't be one of those mom's I don't like and I have made these little packs instead.

]

Play dough, i use the recipe below - its quick easy and makes relatively no mess.

1 cup - Flour
1/4 Cup - Salt
2 Tsp - cream of tartar
1TBS - Oil
1 Cup - Water
1 bag of powdered cold drink (or about a 1/4 bottle of sweeto)

Put all the ingredients in a pot and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously. The dough forms a ball. Tip the ball out and knead it. Put it in a plastic bag and store in the fridge.

Easy as pie.

I got little lunch boxes to put the different colours in, and cookie cutters at china mall.

Each little party pack ended up costing me less than R 5 to make.

Cheers vir Eers

- Toppie se Vrou





Comments

Popular Posts