Guard your heart.

A few months ago I was approached by a twitter acquaintance who needed some adult conversation in a friendly manner. I was soooo happy to have a "friend" who was going through what i was and who seemed to get me in a way only another mommy could. We spent quite a bit of time together, and I mistakenly thought this would be a lasting friendship. Boy was I wrong, something - goodness knows what - because I was never told, caused her to do a wheel spin reverse and run for the hills screaming.

I was very hurt by this whole situation, spent alot of time in tears over it, and couldn't really understand what I had done. Was it me, did I say something, did I do something, am I that horrible a person that people could just do that. It's taken me a couple of months to realise that it wasnt me...

All I can tell my dear little babies is that you must be careful who you trust and who you let in. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. The people who deserve to be in your life will work hard to stay there because they'll want you around to. you will get hurt by people oneday, people will let you down, but the true friends will always work hard to make it up to you, they wont just walk away without a word.

Always remember toppie se kinders - mommy will always be there for you, a shoulder to cry on. i will support you always and i will be there to pick up the pieces when other people break your heart.

I cant promise i wont hurt you, but i can promise i will always work hard to fix things.

I love you...

- Mommy

Comments

Popular Posts