I solemnly swear.



There seems to be a stereo-type that breast-feeding is a bad thing. Mothers are made to feel ashamed when they need to feed their babies while around other people. We are made to feel like it’s rude and disrespectful to others. Unless we go and sit on our own in a closed up room.

Why then, do mothers produce milk? It’s the most natural thing in the world yet we are to feel shameful for doing it in public.

Well I’ve had enough; it is after all the best thing for my child. I will feed my child when she is hungry, without sitting in a room and feeling lonely. Nightshift is lonely enough as it is.

I’m not saying I’m going to just expose myself to the world, I will be dignified and cover up with a blanket or something, but I will stand amongst friends, family or even in a shop and feed my child.

Yesterday was my first try at this – breastfeeding in a mall thing, and I did it so gracefully you wouldn’t even have noticed it was happening. There were some people who assumed what was happening and to those. KEEP YOUR DIRTY LOOKS TO YOURSELVES.

I solemnly swear to breast-feed my child when she is hungry, without being ashamed of it.

Who’s with me???

Cheers vir Eers

Comments

Popular Posts