Lost in Translation

I don't know what to do, I'm struggling. It's very frustrating actually.

My almost 4 year old, has decided to make up his own language. I never know what he's trying to tell me and he seems to think I will eventually magically understand what he's telling me. Our conversations lately sound like this.
___________________________________________________________

Me: Calum what would you like to watch?
Calum: Nikki pokki, loeki, makki harry housen
Me: Whats that?
Calum: You know, Nikki pokki, loeki, makki harry housen...
Me: "Puts on the first movie I think he'll like"
Calum: No Mommy, thats not, Nikki pokki, loeki, makki harry housen
___________________________________________________________

Calum: Mommy i want to eat a snopi mopi doci slaki too
Me: What is that?
Calum: snopi mopi doci slaki too
Me: "Gives him a sandwich"
Calum: Thats not, snopi mopi doci slaki too

__________________________________________________________

Tloki, moki, blocki, fropi, ploom, nolli, ga

IE: I'm lost in translation and have no idea what to do....

Help

Cheers vir Eers

- Toppie se Vrou


Comments

  1. Oi hard one. All I can think is ignore him so he realises that if he doesn't speak a real language he won't get what he wants? Kids are weird hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is very frustrating, because if i dont "understand" what he wants he gets upset.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts